For NAD and SAD calls, please click the “Legacy Volunteer Login” link on the home page.
- Teaching English at different levels (Basic, Intermediate and/or Advanced) at the Go Forward Language Institute in Hanoi.
- Actively participate in the various activities and events of the Center of Influence.
- Regularly attend and contribute to the Gateway Adventist Fellowship.
- Develop community and student friendships through networking and social activities.
- Teaching responsibilities will be coordinated by the director of Go Forward.
- Must be teachable, sociable, friendly, flexible, and able to work well as a team member.
- By precept and example, the AVS volunteer will seek to uphold Christ as their Friend and Lord and will endeavor to lead students to a similar understanding.
- Must speak/write English as the 1st language.
- Experience in teaching ESL or conversational English.
- Fluent in English.
- Please remember that this location is in a conservative country. The majority of Vietnamese dress smartly and modestly, although styles are changing as western standards become more common. As a Christian language School, we ask that you dress sensitively so as to impact this culture positively.
- Business attire is recommended for teaching.
- Men: expected to dress professionally with trousers and a collared shirt while teaching.
- Women: expected to dress modestly and professionally. Modest shorts are appropriate for jogging/ recreational activities.
- A conservative hairstyle is preferred for men and women.
- Unacceptable Dress: Short skirts, plunging necklines and sleeveless blouses are all considered inappropriate. Please refrain from wearing jewelry.
- Rental accommodation close to Go Forward Language Institute will be provided.
- Volunteers will prepare their own food and be responsible for keeping the apartment clean.
- Local Travel
- Monthly Living Allowance: VND 5,000,000
- Travel to and from location
- Utilities: The language school will cover the first 250,000 toward utilities. The volunteer is responsible for their own utility payments.
Monthly Living Allowance: VND 5,000,000