Teacher, All Grades Music
Teach music to all grades (K-12), teach private music lessons, arrange for outreach with music groups to local churches, plan and organize a music program to end each semester, help with chapel services, and participate in church activities. Help in supervision as needed and after-school music classes as needed.
- Fluency in English
- 2 year College
- Baptized member in good standing of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Able to serve without compensation other than a small living allowance
- Adaptable, able to serve others
- Willing to serve 10-12 months
Acceptable Dress: Men teach in long pants (no jeans) but may wear shorts off campus or after school. Men must wear collared shirts to church meetings. Women must always wear loose-fitting skirts and dresses past the knee when going off campus or "in public" on campus. Women may wear modest shorts, slacks or pants only on campus in the evening or when exercising.
Unacceptable Dress: Women - Tight and/or short shorts are never acceptable, nor sleeveless or sheer blouses or dresses. A conservative hairstyle is preferred for men and women. Jewelry is not allowed.
- May share apartments with other volunteers.
- Basic housekeeping supplies provided.
- Volunteer supplies their own linens/bedding and towels.
- Volunteer provide own food
Pohnpei State, one of 4 states in the country of the Federated States of Micronesia, consists of several beautiful tropical islands and atolls. Our Pohnpei SDA School is located on the main island, called Pohnpei, where the FSM capital is also located at the village of Palikir. Our campus contains housing for volunteer staff. This K-12 school is a blessing to over 300 students taught by AVS missionaries and local teachers.
- Local travel
- Monthly Living Allowance
- Accommodations - Shared
- Excess Baggage
- This call is for a single volunteer
- There are no Child Accommodations
- Apartments are provided for the same gender unless married
- Divers insurance is required before you scuba dive and can be obtained through www.travelerEMS.com
Monthly Living Allowance - USD $300.00
- Destination City: Kolonia, Pohnpei, FSM
- Airport: Pohnpei International Airport (PNI)
- Travel from Airport to Destination: Will be picked up by school personnel
- Medical Recommendations Go to www.cdc.gov and click Travelers' Health, then choose your destination recommendations.
- Visa Required - B1 and Transit visa necessary for non-U.S. citizens
- Work Permit Required for Non-USA citizens
- Police Clearance Required
- Child Protection Clearance Required
- Non-USA citizens, you need to send entry permit application (supplied by school), original police and child protection clearance documents, and health certificate.
- All volunteers need to send copies of diploma, passport and transcript..
- Visa/Travel Details: All non-USA citizens MUST be responsible for any Transit Visa (US/Guam, Philippines or any other country) for their airline ticket stops or layovers en route to their final destination.
- Direct any questions to the principal regarding any Entry Permit requirements.
- If needed, GMM can furnish a letter to take to your embassy.