Teacher, ESL and Campus Ministries
- Teach English to students from High School to College.
- Working hours may vary, but will rarely surpass 35 weekly hours.
- Between classes and the life in the campus, the volunteer is expected to be open and friendly with the students and staff, motivating them to study English for missional purposes.
- Join diverse campus activities, making friends, and getting involved as much as possible within the spiritual and missionary program.
- Help translate content from Portuguese to English, or the opposite.
- We expect the volunteer to be more than just a Teacher.
- We expect them to be involved with the staff, the students, and parents everywhere in the campus.
- Some basic Portuguese or Spanish is a plus,
- Volunteer expected to continue studying Portuguese when they arrive. But they must speak English most of the time, in order to create an "International Environment" in the campus.
- At least some previous teaching experience is expected, but no degree is required.
- Native English Speaker
- 1 Year College/Univ
- Acceptable Dress: SDA Dress Code
- Unacceptable Dress: Non-Christian
- A comfortable room shared with another volunteer.
- The room size is approximately 20 m², with A/C, a small fridge, bed and personal wardrobe.
- Electricity in all the sockets is 110V.
- The cafeteria provides 3 daily vegetarian meals.
- Laundry service available (15 weekly pieces)
- The campus is one of the best and more beautiful campuses in the Southern Brazil Area. For more info, check https://iap.org.br/internato/
- Local Travel
- Monthly Living Allowance: BRL R$400.00
- Travel to and from location
Only Single volunteers are eligible for this assignment
Monthly Living Allowance: BRL R$400.00
- Destination City: Maringá
- Airport: MGF (Maringá/PR)
- Travel from Airport to Destination: School will provide shuttle