Teacher, Grade 5
Will be involved in all aspects of teaching this class. Includes lesson planning, grading, classroom management, counseling, instruction, supervision and extra curricular activities.
- To teach the above mentioned class and to undertake such extra-curricular activities and supervisory duties as administration may assign.
- By precept and example the employee will seek to uphold Christ as Friend and Lord and will endeavor to lead students to a similar understanding.
- Maintain careful records of attendance and scholastic performance in the register and grade book for that purpose; make course outlines and lesson plans as prescribed by the administration.
- Maintain proper control of the students’ behavior in the classroom, school ground and premises in accordance with the rules and regulations stipulated in the Handbook.
- Maintain neatness and cleanliness in the classroom and school grounds; create visual aids, posters and displays in bulletin boards, thus supporting a positive learning environment; be responsible for janitorial work in and around classroom and undertake supervisory duties at lunch hour, and in other times in rotation with other teachers.
- Attend regular staff meetings as scheduled and other meetings and events even after school; join in‐service sessions and workshops in order to maintain or increase his/her level of teaching skills.
- Undertake any other duties and responsibilities considered as part of normal load; will work in harmony with school programs and activities outlined in the Staff Handbook/Bulletin, and other directives set forth by the Board and administration.
- Regularly attend weekend services and assist in church programs according to talents and abilities. (Sabbath School classes for all ages that need leaders and assistants, Pathfinder club, youth meetings during the week, door-to-door, prison ministry,…the ministries that can be joined in are extensive and many more could be led by you!)
- Fluency in English
- 2 year of college/univ
- Able to serve without compensation other than a small living allowance
- Adaptable, able to serve others
- Willing to serve 10-12 months
Acceptable Dress: Men teach in long pants (no jeans) but may wear shorts off campus or after school. Men must wear collared shirts to church meetings. Women must always wear loose fitting skirts and dresses past the knee when going off campus or "in public" on campus. Women may wear modest shorts, slacks or pants only on campus in the evening or when exercising.
Unacceptable Dress: Women - Tight and/or short shorts are never acceptable, nor sleeveless or sheer blouses or dresses. A conservative hairstyle is preferred for men and women. Please refrain from bringing or wearing jewelry.
Water and electricity are dependable, furniture is basic and minimal. Some housekeeping supplies are provided. Volunteer provides their own single-bed sheets, pillow, and towels. Volunteers provide their own food
Delap is one of several islands in the Majuro Atoll within the country of the Republic of the Marshall Islands. Our PreK-12 school, educating over 300 students each year, is located next to the outer reef on a gated campus that includes the Delap SDA Church and the school's volunteer staff housing.
- Local Travel
- Monthly Living Allowance - USD $300.00 per month
- Travel to and from location
- This call is for a Single person
- There are no Child Accommodations
- If lodging is shared, opportunity will be limited to same gender, unless a married couple serves together
- Divers insurance required before you scuba dive and get be obtained through www.travelerEMS.com
Monthly Living Allowance - USD $300.00 per month
- Destination City: Majuro, Marshall Islands
- Airport: Majuro Airport (MAJ)
- Will be picked up by school personnel.
- Required Inoculations- Hepatitis B and Covid 19, go to www.cdc.gov and click Travelers' Health, then choose your destination recommendation.
- Visa Required
- Visa Type: Only non-US citizens
- Who Applies: Applicant
- Police Clearance Required
- Child Protection Clearance
- Non-USA citizens need to contact school for entry permit application and send prior to departure.
- All volunteers need to send copies of passport and transcript.
- All non-USA citizens MUST be responsible for any Transit Visa (US/Guam, Philippines or any other country) for their airline ticket stops or layovers en route to their final destination.
- If needed, GMM can furnish a letter to take to your embassy.