- Teach English classes for the community and office workers.
- Implementation of a Sabbath School in English at the local church.
- Beginning classes for employees and community
- Have a missionary spirit.
- Experience in teaching English or teaching in another area
- Fluency in English
- 2 years college
- Acceptable dress: Conservative clothing and traditional Christian dress. Volunteers must demonstrate biblical principles of modesty and behavior.
- Unacceptable Dress: Costumes that are inconsistent with Christian modesty. The use of jewelry and piercings of any kind is not allowed.
- House, shared with employees who work at the same institution
- Private room, with bed and private space.
- Shared kitchen, laundry, cupboards and bathroom.
Tropical climate - In Uberlândia, the season with precipitation is humid and overcast; the dry season is almost cloudless. Throughout the year, the climate is warm. Throughout the year, the temperature generally ranges from 15 ° C to 30 ° C and is rarely below 11 ° C or above 34 ° C.
Uberlândia is located in the interior of Mina Gerais, in the region called “Triangulo Mineiro”. It is a large city that has all the resources of a state capital. The planned buildings and avenues make the city a very beautiful and pleasant place to live. One of the favorite places to enjoy good moments of leisure is the “Parque do Sabiá”, which contains ample green space and places for walking and practicing sports. Around the city, there are many waterfalls, with free entry that are inviting to relax on hot days. The Adventist church in the region is active and has missionary characteristics, with an engaging and friendly youth.
- Local Travel
- Monthly Living Allowance - $100 USD
- Travel to and from location
Single volunteers only.
Monthly Living Allowance: USD100
- Destination City: Uberlândia
- Airport: Aeroporto de Uberlândia – Tenente Coronel Aviador César Bombonato.
- Travel from Airport to Destination: We will pick up the volunteer
- Required Inoculations - H1N1, H3N2, Yellow Fever, influenza. COVID 19 (Any one that is approved by the health agency of the country of origin.)
- Police Clearance Required
- HIV Clearance Required