For NAD and SAD calls, please click the “Legacy Volunteer Login” link on the home page.
Accountant and Treasurer
- Oversee financial operatios, including journaling, collecting receivables, managing cash & expenditures.
- Teach a class if needed.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Assist in evening and weekend supervision of students.
- Participate in student and staff worships, Sabbath School, church and other scheduled programs.
- Other duties assigned throughout the year.
- Good communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Fluent in English.
- Men are expected to dress professionally in pants and a collared shirt during school hours. Shorts are acceptable only during recreation or work duties. Western conservative Christian clothing is preferred.
- Women are expected to dress conservatively and professionally, covering legs and arms at all times. Ankle length skirts or pants are appropriate.
- Controversial writing or images on clothing is not acceptable. Additionally for women, revealing or tight clothes , sleeveless shirts, shorts, and two-piece bathing suits are also unacceptable.
- Share a room or an efficiency apartment with another volunteer(s).
- Provided: Basic furniture such as a bed and dresser or closet, kitchenette, washing machine, and other necessities.
- Not provided: Towels, sheets, and toiletries.
- Electrical outlets 220V.
- Egypt has some amazing places to visit and experience. Cairo is an international hub and the school calendar allows for breaks to explore and travel to other locations.
- All travel during breaks are at the expense of the volunteer including fees to leave and return.
- Local Travel as it relates to employment
- Monthly Living Allowance: USD65
- Travel to/from Location
- Any travel for personal interest inside Egypt or OUTSIDE Egypt is at personal expense.
While we can accommodate either a single or married candidate, we do not have the ability to accommodate children.
Monthly Living Allowance: USD65
- It is important to be sensitive to and abide by the cultural norms.
- Required Inoculations: Yellow Fever
- Visa Type: Tourist visa bought at the airport for USD25 depending on your nationality. Check on-line
- The volunteer must bring USD25 in hand for the Tourism Visa at the airport.
Photo by Steve Johnson on Unsplash