For NAD and SAD calls, please click the “Legacy Volunteer Login” link on the home page.
- Work in coordination with a Head Teacher to educate elementary aged children in multi-grades K-8.
- The classroom is a mix of children from the families who are serving their call at Malamulo Hospital as well as local Malawian children.
- Class size will be up to 14 students.
- Classroom teaching.
- Participation in extracurricular activities.
- Attend staff meetings with the Head Teacher to discuss lesson plans and student achievements.
- An interest in Elementary education is preferable but not required.
- Minimum Education Preferred: High School/Secondary
- An interest in elementary education.
- Fluent in English.
Women please wear modest attire due to the culture of Malawi, Africa.
Unacceptable Dress: Women, no shorts above knees
- Housing will be provided at the resident guest house on campus.
- Includes amenities for showering, private toilet, kitchenette, and laundry facilities.
Co-teacher in a two room multi-grade classroom. Our students are varying ages and abilities especially with the English Language. Also an interest in leading our after school program which includes many children from around our village to engage in soccer, basketball, and physical education.
We ask that the volunteer be mostly self-funded especially for travel, but a living stipend for food and supplies is provided by the calling organization through donors.
- Local travel.
- Travel to/from location.
No Child Accommodations Available.
USD to be discussed (Malawi Kwacha)